var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-30923374-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
The Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Coalition (DVSAC) has served Nevada County in Northern California since 1978, first as a community group — the Battered Women’s Alliance — and since 1980 as a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation.
Initially known as the Domestic Violence Coalition, it was formed to offer crisis intervention and safehousing services to the victims of domestic violence and their families in Nevada County. Within a few years, DVSAC also began offering counseling and advocacy services to survivors of sexual assault.
Today DVSAC Offers:
- A 24 hour crisis line – (530) 272-3467
- Walk-in crisis intervention services and support groups at its downtown office between 9:00 and 5:00, Monday through Friday
- A shelter for women and children escaping domestic violence
- Emergency food, clothing, safehousing and transportation
- Individual and group counseling for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault
- Children’s and teen counseling and support groups
- Legal and medical accompaniment and advocacy for victims
- Assistance with obtaining temporary restraining orders
- Outreach and prevention programs in the schools and community
- Referrals to other agencies
- Bilingual services for Spanish speakers